Monday, January 01, 2007

Back

I took a break from being Miss G.
I was a daugher, an aunt, a girlfriend, a friend, a sister, a grandaughter, a cousin, a niece, and a roomate.
I got used to answering to my first name.
I ate when I was hungry and didn't talk so loud I gave myself a headache.
My feet didn't hurt at the end of every day and I slept without dreams of kids and their lives and what they should have or could have learned the day before but didn't because I'm still a first year teacher trying to survive.
I played and slept and laughed and remembered what it was like to be....well....me.
I didn't think about the ELA.
But now, with school 13 hours away, I'm refocused (and am thinking about the ELA).
I need to figure out how to refocus my kiddos. I'm really excited to see them tomorrow :)

No comments: