Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Roller Coaster Continues

An afternoon spent getting my bearings, alone, in a city so big I'm always confused.
Giving someone directions and having them ask if I'm from here because I actually knew what I was talking about.
The rejuvenation and optimism that comes with beginnings, and the exhaustion that comes from constantly meeting new people.
Dinner in a fancy restaurant right across the street from Madison Square Garden with an alum.
Playing phone tag with friends I love and miss and can't wait to talk to...
Taking the wrong train, twice, then going the wrong direction on the right train and turning a 1 hour trip into a 3 hour trip with laughter and soy milk and smoothies to comfort our wounded egos.
Frantically preparing for an interview at 11 at night because I just found out I have one tomorrow at 1:30.
Breathing.
Focusing on the kids.
Remembering that this day will only come once and I'd better make the most of it because there's kids waiting for me to be the best teacher I can possibly be.
It's life - raw and not perfect but incredibly...real.

No comments: